Refresher of the basic IRATA level 1 training in which all aspects of working safely with industrial rope techniques are discussed. An operator level 1 always works under the supervision of a responsible operator level 3 (supervisor).
Prerequisites: In possession of IRATA level 1
After successfully completing this training, participants will have or be able to:
- substantial theoretical knowledge in the field of risk inventory, action plan and emergency plan
- substantial theoretical knowledge in the field of relevant rules of the Working Conditions Act / Working Conditions Decree / Working Conditions Policy Rules | Health & Safety Catalogue
- knowledge of the requirements set by the legislator for personal protective equipment with regard to tests/inspections, training and use
- knowledge of the relevant conclusions from the PPE regulation
- knowledge of equipment use: workplace limitation, work positioning, fall protection and rope access
- knowledge of forces/energy caused during a fall: energy conversion, impact force and fall factor
- knowledge of equipment limitations
- use standard equipment for working at height with rope techniques correctly
- use and apply the different areas of application related to working at height correctly
- correctly perform the maneuvers in accordance with level 1 as stated in the IRATA International Code of Practice (ICOP).
- a thorough understanding of the responsibilities associated with the level
For more information regarding (re)certification: read the blog.
Retraining / Refresher
Every three years you have to retake the exam. This exam is preceded by a 4-day retraining and must be followed at an IRATA training company.
- repeating techniques, standards and guidelines
- updating material knowledge
- preparation for a higher level
- discuss and simulate practical problems or questions
- practicing rescue techniques.
IRATA states that referesher training should be followed if you haven't used rope techniques for six months. The refresher must cover at least rope techniques that are required to carry out the job. This is possible at an IRATA training company, but also on site under the supervision of a level 3 supervisor. The refresher must be signed off in the logbook.
Do you have any questions regarding IRATA training, certification or membership? Do let us know. We are happy to help you.