During the GWO Sea survival training you will receive tools to act safely and to take the right preventive measures in all aspects of offshore activities.
The GWO (Global Wind Organization) has also developed a basic safety training for people working in the wind industry. The GWO Basic Safety course includes several modules, such as First Aid, Manual handling of loads, Fire safety and Working at height. The sea survival course is not part of the Basic Safety Course.
Contents GWO Sea Survival
- Personal safety
- The dangers and symptoms of hypothermia and drowning
- Understand the advantages and limitations of the different LSA, PPE and PFPE commonly used in the offshore wind industry
- Be able to use it
- Safe movement from vessel to jetty, vessel to platform and vessel to vessel
- Knowledge of emergency procedures and safety on installations, vessels and WTG
- Knowledge of SAR, GMDSS Recovery and First Aid after 'man overboard'
- Evacuation of a WTG on the water with a “Constant Rate Descender”
- Carry out individual and collective survival techniques at sea
- Practice using different scenarios.