During this refresher GWO Sea survival you will learn to act safely and to take the right preventive measures in all aspects of offshore activities.
Prerequisites: In possession of a valid GWO Sea Survival certificate
Contents GWO refresher Sea Survival
- Personal safety
- The dangers and symptoms of hypothermia and drowning
- Understand the advantages and limitations of the different LSA, PPE and PFPE commonly used in the offshore wind industry
- Be able to use it
- Safe movement from vessel to jetty, vessel to platform and vessel to vessel
- Knowledge of emergency procedures and safety on installations, vessels and WTG
- Knowledge of SAR, GMDSS Recovery and First Aid after 'man overboard'
- Evacuation of a WTG on the water with a “Constant Rate Descender”
- Carry out individual and collective survival techniques at sea
- Practice using different scenarios.